Grand Rapids, MI 49512
SUTO iTEC is a global leader in supplying measurement and monitoring instruments needed to maximize the operational efficiency and air quality in compressed air and gas systems.
Compressed Air is an essential element to millions of businesses around the world with seventy percent of all manufacturing facilities in the United States have some form of compressed air system. The vast majority of these are underperforming, but through measuring their systems we can assist our customers to maximize their system performance, reduce costs, and reduce total energy demand. It’s an easy win/win for the customer and the environment.
The position has two focal points.
- The first is to develop and implement successful campaigns that promote Suto’s energy and operational efficiency, and air quality products.
- The second is to generate new business from your campaigns as the first point of contact for prospective OEM customers, dealers and sales partners.
This is a hands-on, high-profile position where you will work side by side with the Senior Management, Technical Sales and Global Marketing in generating new business. This is a position where you can grow professionally, so we expect you to contribute your own ideas on how best to “get the message out” and the onboarding of OEM’s, dealers and sales partners that you find.
SUTO iTEC is a people first, global company with main locations in Germany, USA, Hong Kong and China as well as long-term partners in over 50 Countries. Our success is based on a passion to conserve energy underpinned by trust, accountability, and transparency; where every employee – regardless of position, role, or identity, is treated with respect and given an equal chance to thrive.
This position is a hybrid position, in Grand Rapids, MI. Being a global company, working outside normal working hours may be required at times as partners and clients are located domestically and internationally across different time zones. Some international and domestic travel will be required.
- Compensation (Base Salary and Commission): Starting at $60-70k, plus sales-based commission. OTE 100K+
- Probationary guarantee period
- Medical Insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid work environment
Expectations (job description) subject but not limited to:
- Highly self-driven and motivated with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Reach out to and targets/prospects through demand generation campaigns that integrate advertising, PR, sales, outbound prospecting, cold calling, email, training, webinars and social media marketing.
- Present, promote and sell products using solid value propositions
- Strategic thinking and the ability to prioritize immediate tasks
- Establish, develop and maintain positive customer-facing relationships
- Manage status, next steps and opportunities with prospects and targets
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets/KPIs and outcomes within schedule
- Analyze the territory’s potential, track sales and create status reports
- Supply management with reports on progress in customer acquisition, customer needs, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services
- Attendance at regional and national trade show(s) as determined by sales management.
- Eager to learn SUTO products and become a technical expert
- Work collaboratively across SUTO iTEC, primarily Germany and Hong Kong and all internal Engineering support teams
- Assertive in developing/gaining new dealers and sales. Confidence and strong motivation to succeed in cold-calling target dealers and successfully close the supply deals
- Interpersonal skills to work with a wide variety of people each day, build relationships and network
- Communication skills, especially persuasion, are needed to clearly explain the benefits of a product to potential customers
- Strong work ethic – driven in taking initiatives, multitasking, prioritization, and following through
- Strong ability to collaborate and communicate effectively
- Intermediate computer skills, including experience with Excel, Word and Outlook
- At least 2–3 years of successful sales experience (preferably in the manufacturing industry)
- Higher education (bachelor preferred, or equivalent work experience)